Sunday, September 23, 2012

Alissa's French Onion Chicken & Rice

Melt 1 square butter in 9x13 cake pan I only use 1/2 stick

( I usually do it in the microwave and then put it in the pan)....(This is what makes mainly makes it unhealthy.  I should try one time not adding the butter).

Mix in well  -1 can celery soup
                 -1 can cream of mushroom soup
                 -1 envelope onion soup
                 -1 1/4 cup raw rice
                 -2 cups water
Lay chicken breasts on top (raw, but trimmed of fat/skin), cover with tin foil I use frozen chicken strips
Bake 350 degrees for 3 hours.

If you need any of the ingredients let me know.  I think I have them all.  Let me know if you have questions.  I sometimes let it cook for 3 1/2 with the last 1/2 an hour with the tin foil off to try to make the rice crispy, but it's up to you and your liking whether or not you do this. I only cook for 1 1/2 hours because I prefer the rice soft not crispy.  If you cook the rice first it only takes 45 minutes.


No comments: