Monday, July 6, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

My grandma gave me a cookbook a while back, that she and all her friends made over at the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. I just came across it, and it's my new best friend! There is nothing better than the favorite recipes of cooks that have been at it for many years! I really cannot make cookies, but these were great!

1 c shortening

1 c sugar

1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 c peanut butter

1 tsp vanilla

3 c flour
2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt


Cream together shortening and sugars. Add eggs and beat well. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Roll 1 tsp dough into balls, and place onto greased cookie sheet. Mash with fork slightly, in a criss cross design. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar after removing from oven. (I half the recipe and it makes about 20 cookies.)

No comments: