Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cafe Rio Salad

Cafe Rio Salad

The Rice:
4 cups rice 2 cups water (I add more water because I use wheat rice)
1 tsp cumin
2 garlic cloves
6 green onions
1 tablespoon butter
6 springs cilantro chopped
*All in rice cooker

The Chicken:
7 chicken breasts
2 cans rote diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 tsp. chili pepper powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 dash tabasco sauce
1 tsp cayenne pepper (warning: this makes it really hot!!!! I usually just add a little pinch)
*Crock pot this and shred chicken when cooked. I just cut with scissors while in the crock pot.

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
1 pkg. Hidden valley ranch dressing
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (I just use a pinch)
1 cup cilantro
2 cloves garlic; minced
3 tomatillos; quartered
*Blend dressing ingredients in blender

Layer: Rice, Chicken, lettuce, black beans and dressing! Sooo Good!

No comments: