Monday, January 5, 2009

Rice Salad

One of my girlfriends emailed this to me a long time ago. I made it once at a BBQ and my sister-in-laws and I loved it. I came across this as I was cleaning out my computer files. It will be safer here.
1 box Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice
juice of 1 lemon
3 cooked and diced/shredded chicken breasts
4 scallions, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 small avocados, diced
handful sugar snap peas, i cut them in half
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Dressing:1/3 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs dijon mustard1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
Prepare rice as directed on box. Combine dressing ingredients and gently toss with rice salad. It is so good either at room temp or chilled.

No comments: