Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another 2 for 1 Dinner Recipe(s)

As you can see, have become a big fan of what I call 2 for 1 recipes. I am not a fan of leftovers... I do not like having the same thing twice in one week. So normally a lot of food gets wasted at our house, unless Jared mans up and eats all the leftovers for us. But now that I have been trying these 2 for 1 recipes, I am making the most out of my groceries! Love it!

Turkey Dinner


I love dinner that comes from Costco because it means it was easy on me! They sell this pre-cooked turkey at Costco that is so incredibly moist and yummy, Jared has actually requested that we substitute Thanksgiving turkey for this. Since it is pre-cooked it just takes about an hour to heat up in the oven. We serve it with mashed potatoes and a vegetable and it is a delicious dinner that is so easy! Tip: If you serve with rice instead, make double and your next dish will be SUPER easy!

Leftover Turkey Casseroles-
With the leftovers from the turkey dinner, I dice up the remaining turkey and use it in a casserole the following night. I have two casseroles that I like. Here they are:

Turkey & Rice Spanish Casserole

2 cups cooked rice
1-2 cups diced turkey (chicken works just as good!)
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 can green chiles
1 cup sour cream
1 can corn, drained
1/2 cup jack cheese, for top

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined, and place into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Top with cheese, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Turkey & Potato Casserole

1 pkg southern hashbrowns, frozen
2 cups diced turkey (or whatever is left)
2 cans cream of chicken
1 16oz sour cream
8 oz colby/jack cheese
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients and put in a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 1 hour until potatoes are soft.

1 comment:

Tara Ann said...

You are really on a roll with your blogs this week. I am so impressed. It will be great to have some staple recipes to live by before you add another one to the mix. I bet you can't wait for the big day to arrive!