Monday, March 8, 2010

Beef or Pork 2 for 1 Dinner

Anytime I find a 2 for 1 dinner I am posting it on here so that in a few months when I forget what I've tried, I can find it on here.

I don't know if any body has ever tried the "spoon roast" from Harmons, but it is to die for. I can never crock pot a roast again, this is the ultimate. They call it a spoon roast because you can scoop the meat or cut the meat with a spoon... it is that tender. The butcher at Harmons does all the work for me, but he has told me how to make it on my own. All you need is a good cut roast, beef or pork. Season it to your liking. Then layer 3 to 4 sheet of butcher paper, and wrap the roast tightly, securing it with twine. Bake at 250 degrees for one hour per pound. Or... if you have a Harmons near you just ask your meat guy for a spoon roast!

Day 1: Roast with your liking of side dishes.

Day 2: Shredded beef enchiladas: Really easy! All you do, is shred the leftovers of your roast, and heat in a skillet. Pour 1/4 of a can of red enchilada sauce to the meat. After heated through roll the meat in tortillas, adding a little cheese to the inside of each. Pour rest of enchilada sauce over the top, and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until heated through. Serve with a green salad, and/or spanish rice.

No comments: