Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Diane's Blackberry Cobbler



A good family friend of mine, Diane Larson, gave me this recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but I can hardly wait to. If self rising flour wasn't in my pantry I would be making it tonight actually. The link to the recipe can be found here.

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups blackberries
1/4 cup more sugar

Melt a stick of butter in a micro-safe bowl. In seperate bowl, combine sugar and flour. Whisk in milk until smooth, and then add the melted butter. Butter a casserole dish, and pour the batter in. Evenly sprinkle the blackberries over the batter, and top with 1/4 cup of sugar. Bake at 350 for 1 hour until bubbly and golden.

Note: I would imagine you could substitute for another fruit if you wanted?

No comments: